Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First quilts

This was something I saw on the internet that I LOVED and wanted  to share!!
This is the very first quilt I made.  We took a beginning quilting class at Patches and Stitches in Huntsville, AL, taught by Barbara Black.  The first night of class is shopping night so I bought all the fabrics at Patches.  She was a wonderful teacher and invited us to a Heritage quilt guild meeting and we joined that night!!
This is an Around the World wall hanging that I did.  The pattern came from the Quilt in a Day program by Eleanor Burns and I ordered the marble fabric from Patchwork Delta in Tennessee.  I want to hang this in my bedroom.  There is also a table runner I did in the same pattern/fabrics and I want to use it on my dresser.
This was my first attempt at an American flag; I used a Tumbler to cut the pieces out; the fabrics came from Patches and Hancock's.  It was not quite what I had in mind so, I think we are going to hang it in the Quilt room at Brenda's...
This is my version of an American flag...the fabrics came from Patches and Joann's.  I'm planning on taking it to work to hang on the outside of my cubicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment